"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."                   Proverbs 13:12

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Two...families to become one by God's design


Nate and I have been taken very good care of.  Andres and Luis made sure that all of our luggage was received and that we arrived at El Refugio in style.  The two wonderful ladies in the picture are Rocia and Rosita.  WOW!!!!  They are extremely gracious and patient.  They cook up amazing meals and desire to make our stay very comfortable.
I had a fever earlier, but took a siesta and am ready to roll now.  We are going to venture out in a little bit.  Today, a lot of the streets are closed so that families can walk, play and visit without traffic and less smog to breathe in.

Thanks to everyone who replies to our posts.  We love reading them and checking them often throughout the day.  Thank you also for all of the prayers.  We know that it is making a difference.  We markedly feel God's favor.

Nate here.  Today, we walked around the neighborhood and stopped at the bank and the grocery store.  It poured down rain while we were in the grocery store and the roof leaked in many places getting much of the merchandise wet.  Bummer.

After we came back, our new friends from Boston (adopting a 3 month old boy) made Chicken Cattiatore for us.  It was marvelous.  There are 3 French families here.  They have all adopted from Colombia before and are back for a second go around.  It's kinda bizarre seeing their Colombian children speak French with the accent and all.  It's super cute.  

6 comments:

KS said...

Yay! I'm so glad you made it there and are getting situated! I can't wait to see more updates!

Anonymous said...

Aloha,

This is Malia I am sooo happy for you guys. I am going to have four more new cousins we are praying for you and your new family.

miss you a lot
live in boxers
love,
Malia

Beth said...

We are loving reading the updates from back here in the states! Hope you both start feeling better today! Tomorrow is the big day...how very exciting! Good luck. You are in our prayers.
From a fellow CHI Family, Eric and Beth

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys! We have been talking and thinking about you. I keep Ian updated. ;) We are excited and glad things are going well for you! Looking forward to the many updates coming.
Sending prayers your way!
Love, Ian, Ashley and Jordyn

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts! Can't wait for tomorrow's post!! Does it feel real yet?

Lila said...

Hey,Hey, Hey!! I am about to leave school, but I knew I could get on faster here at school, so here I am. It was fun looking at the pictures and reading about what is going on.
I am so excited about tomorrow - THE MIRACLE DAY. If I have butterflies just thinking about it, I can't even imagine what you two are feeling.
I am constantly thinking and praying for you guys. I am believing everything is going to go GREAT and you guys are going to be feeling great. Your body is being healed this very minute! Hallelujah!
Send plenty of pics! I can't wait to hear! I'll be checking my computer all the time tomorrow!
Love you guys and I'll leave you with this verse: Ephesians 3:20 --
"Now to Him who is able to do IMMEASURABLY MORE than all we ASK or IMAGINE, according to HIS POWER that is at work within us."
I know these kids are going to be even more than you could have ASKED for, and the joy they will bring you will be even more than you could have ever IMAGINED, and God has just begun this amazing WORK WITHIN the RENATE family! Hallelujah!!

God Is Good!!
Lila