"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."                   Proverbs 13:12

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Three...three boys and three girls in this new family


We are here!!!  The trip was just great.  No problemo.  I noticed that Colombians look you in the eye when they talk to you.  It's different but I like it.  It keeps you honest.  Both Rena and I have sniffles, sneezes, and coughs but we feel great otherwise.  I like Rena's sexy, raspy voice.  We got to have breakfast with my mom and dad, my sister Debbie, and Dan and Lila (bro and sis-in-love).  We only got to have breakfast with them because our flight from K.C. was delayed one and a half hours, so that was an unexpected blessing.  We had to run to our connecting flight to Bogota but that was better than a big layover.

El Refugio is already great!  So far the Colombians have been very nice.  I am so happy that the wireless internet fired right up.  Rena and I have been kind of giddy all day.  It's either the altitude or we are in a very happy season of our life.  God is soooo good to us!

We met Jennifer from Nashville and Don and Erin from Colorado Springs today.  They are with our same adoption agency and getting there kids Tuesday also.  They were all very nice and excited also.

6 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so excited for you guys...Will be following your posts! Know we rejoice with you and will be praying with you as you are there. Keep us posted if possible of any prayer requests, etc. Time will fly...enjoy yourselves...and the beautiful treasures from above...they are gorgeous!!! Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

God bless!!!

Wendi,
CHI Mami of 3 in MS

Staci Wood said...

Yeah !!!!
I am so Glad you all made it safely. Your giddiness is truley because you know you are getting 4 New Blessings. I pray that you and Rena get better. I love you both very much and I can't wait to meet the new addition to our family.

Love and Blessings,
Staci

Anonymous said...

Rena and Nate,
So happy to hear that you are there! I thought about the two of you all day. I have my friends on my Guat. groups praying for you guys, too!
Steph, Rod and Parker

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you're there and it was a good trip. I couldn't stop thinking of you all yesterday. I finally had time to show Lauren you blog. She is so excited. We ended up looking all over the web for more information about Colombia. When she saw some of the architecture she decided that Colombia is in Mexico. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks for the blog. Enjoy your time and we'll keep you all in our prayers.

The Ruffs

Laura S said...

Wow...4 kids at once. I admire you both so much for what you are doing. I can't wait to follow your travels. I am guessing you guys will be gone before we get to Bogota so its unlikely we will get to meet, but have a wonderful time and I look forward to following your story as it progresses.

We leave next week for Medellin to pick up our son and can't wait!
Laura & Andres

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sooo excited for you all!!! Keep the entries coming! Have fun!!!! Love the photos of the babies...they are beautiful!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys all together!!!!!!!
Joanyett