"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."                   Proverbs 13:12

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The amazement continues




Even though there are many moments of stress,  we wouldn't trade this for anything.  This sure beats work a hundred times over (and we love our work).  Each day gets better with both more bonding and less meltdowns.  Man, by next week our kids will be perfect.  Rena is doing schoolwork with Alex now. 

Earlier,  we went to a nice park.  The kids had a great time on all the playground equipment less one jolt to the headbone of Erika from a brother on the swing.  Before I was parenting, I was so critical of parents that weren't right there with their kids all the time.  I have new found knowledge that a person can't be in four places at the same time.  Go figure.

You can ask Rena, I am the youngest of six and I have never grown out of being spoiled.  Poor Rena, somebody told her a while back that she will now have five kids to take care of.  I'm gonna brag a little...I am learning to serve thru this process.  There have been several occasions where there wasn't much left of something and I deferred it to my children.  Knowing they had something they wanted is much better than me having it.  Sometimes it takes 40 years to get things thru thick skulls.

One last thing, some may read this and discount it for bunk but anyway...thruout the last ten or so years of my life, many times when there was either a great revelation of beauty or marked pain, God sent me sparrows.  There is a verse in the Bible that says, "His eyes are on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."  There have been probably a half a dozen times that just at the exact moment my thoughts were heavy on either the beauty or the pain, sparrows appear.  Today as we were leaving the pretty park, Rena pointed out some sparrows to me.  I just had to cry.  I didn't think to count, but I bet ya there were six of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to getting up and reading this EVERY A.M.! I LOVE the photos and you can sense every single bit of humor and happiness that is felt by you guys just by reading each word you type. ;) We are thinking of you and praying often! We can't wait for your return with those precious angels! Love, Ian, Ashley and Jordyn

Anonymous said...

OMG... Mrs. Duewel!!!! I cant believe it!!! Just reading the blogs are amazing! I almost started crying! (no lie) you guys all look like a match made in heaven, like just BEAUTIFUL... you have no idea.

I see these pictures and I CAN believe my eyes, it's so forREAL. I feel the emotions just flowing out of each pixel of these images!!! I want to stay here and just wait for the next blog post! lol.

Well, my prayers are with you guys always.... I send my love!

Krystal Valdez

P.S. They're very photogenic aren't they?

P.S.2. Umm..... the concert was OFF THE HOOK!!!!! OMG it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen!!! (besides you're kids of course!) It's absolutely THE best concert I've ever been to!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I don't know you very well, Nate, but I am sure enjoying reading your words! I am inspired each day I read. You guys look like you have this parenting thing almost figured out!! HEE HEE! How's Alex doing on his school work?? Do you have a feel for his ability, yet???

Steph, Rod and Parker

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

What an awesome testimony and word of encouragement concerning the sparrows! In the midst of the challenges and pains, always remember "He's got His eye on you..." I love that thought!!!

May He remind you of that often, and strengthen you both as you begin this new journey with your Forever Family! We pray continued blessing over you all, that Luisa attach and bond to you both and a strong sense of security and peace knit you all together...Thank you Father, for the sparrows, for the precious kisses of our children, thank You for your promises fulfilled and the ones to come...thank you for the testimony of this family...Please continue to strengthen them, and equip them with whatever needed, give them overflowing energy as they adjust to the little ones; and give them favor where needed with the governmt officials...We rest in you, God. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Hi!!
as I read your blog and looked at the pics, it reminds me o fthe verse in Habakkuk 2:3 - "the vision is for an appointed time. though it may tarry, wait earnestly for it, forit will come to pass." I know you two have waitd earnestly for a long time with the vision of being a mom and dad. Now, that "appointed time" has come to pass in God's perfect timing.
We will be praying for you guys that everything on Monday will go great. But there's rest in God's timing, knowing that all the forces of darkness can't stop Him. When it's that appointed time, no man can keep it from happening. When it's your due season, god will and did bring it to pass.
We love seeing those pics so keep them coming. Love you guys and miss you. One week down and hopefully not too many left to go till you're home.
Lila

Anonymous said...

P.S. On the above comment. So sorry for all the typos and not capitalizing God in the one spot. I got in too big of a hurry and didn't do any of the things I tell my students to do. Oh well, hope the message still came across.
Love Ya.
Lila

Anonymous said...

We just love reading your blog and seeing the pictures of you and the kids...sure hope they're as good as they are cute because it would be really hard to tell them no! Also not hard to tell that they have Nate wrapped around their precious little fingers.

Love you all,

Leslie