"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."                   Proverbs 13:12

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fun day









Today we got up and took a bath which the kids really like.  We ate breakfast and then went shopping at the mall.  We had chocolate icecream, bought more diapers, bought tennis shoes and just had tons of fun walking around.  The older generation just ooo's and ah's over the kiddos.  When we got back the kids were so proud of their new shoes just showing them off to everyone.

A few anticdotal notes.  The boys have endeared themselves to me.  I passed some gas in the bedroom and they yelled with laughter, "Papi pao....guacomole!!!  Pao means fart in Spanish.  That's my boys!  Then later they saw me in just my tighty whiteys and said,  "Papi ninyo" and then pointed to my belly.  Ninyo means baby.  It's a good thing I'm humble.  Speaking of which, I was hoping to lose some weight on this trip but the food they feed us is incredible.

Our social worker at home warned us about melt downs.   Boy was she on the money.  Last night Luisa refused to sleep alone so she got to sleep with big brother.  She has been much, much better today.  She ate pretty good for both breakfast and lunch.  

Thanks for tuning in. 

p.s.  I know anticdotal is spelled wrong,  I couldn't find it in my dictionary but I had to keep it in cuz I wanted to sound smart.

p.s.s.  It took me about 30 minutes to type this cuz I did it with one finger because I am holding Luisa and she is fast asleep.  I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha,

We know that you are soo busy but maybe we can video chat and really see the Kids which by the way are sooo cute. We miss you alot and praying for your new family.
Live in boxers
Malia and the family

Anonymous said...

Aloha,

We know that you are soo busy but maybe we can video chat and really see the Kids which by the way are sooo cute. We miss you alot and praying for your new family.
Live in boxers
Malia and the family

Anonymous said...

In Reference to your mall picture:
I want to ride in the boat with Ewika, Uwisa, Sebasin and Alyek. Lets go to the mall wiff them.

Love Carter Brack

Trimble Family said...

We are so happy for your new family. Can't wait to see everyone. Thanks for putting up pics, Demi can't wait to play with the kids. Be safe and they are ssssssoooooooooooo CUTE

Anonymous said...

Rena... I love your face in that first photo!! Classic!! Nate, glad the fart stories have already started...that's when you know you're a dad!!! I can't wait to read your blog each day. This is soo exciting!! Your kids are precious!!!

Donna said...

Hi guys,

I am so happy to read your blog. I can relate to everything you are saying and yes you will have many melt downs but they do get shorter. The children are beautiful!!!! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Wow! The blog is great. I've been following your trip each day. The pictures are fantastic and the kids look awesome!!! Glad you're having a fun time in South America.

Anonymous said...

Rena and Nathan,
The kids are absolutely adorable, and you both look so happy! God has truly blessed and rewarded you for your patience and faith! Thanks for sharing your adventure through the pictures and blog with all of those who love you! Seeing life through the eyes of a child with all their wonderment and awe is the best part of parenthood/ GRAND parenthood! You are in my thoughts and prayers! HAVE FUN!!
Love, Ellie

Anonymous said...

Nate & Rena,
Congratulations! We couldn't be happier for you. We love reading your blog because it is so light hearted. It always makes us smile. You have a beautiful family! What a blessing. We are looking forward to meeting your children.

~Christina & Paul Sinclair (waiting infant family in KC)

PS - I don't know how to spell anictodal either, so you sure look smart to me.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Great to see your family together. I'm so happy for you all. (and so excited for mine!!) Jeremy

KS said...

I agree with Jeremy, =)
seeing the BEAUTY and JOY of your family makes us that much more excited for ours! I can't wait for our kids to be able to play together!
~Kayah

Anonymous said...

Your blog has become the highlight of our day in the Guidance Office!

The two of you were just meant to be parents!

What a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Each morning your Turner Aunt's (and there's many) gather in Knoblock's office to admire your pictures. The one of Nate with who I think is Erica brings tears to our eyes. Love the story about the farts, we warned you about boys! Linda Knoblock