"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."                   Proverbs 13:12

Friday, October 19, 2007

It was the best of times...






It is so interesting how all in the same day we can feel like there is no wrong in the world and an hour later it is crashing down. Then repeat 4 to 6 more times for the day.

Alex is mucho inteligente with his school work.  He thrives on positive confirmations of his abilities.  He cares for, loves and protects his sisters.

Sebastian is a fun machine.  He needs mucho work on obeying.  Rena and I will "movie kiss" each other in front of the kids all the time and they get the biggest kick out of it.  Sebastian then runs to Mami and begs for kisses.  It's cuter than cute.  He is gonna slay the women folk!

Sharing is our biggest hurdle.  They go loco if they don't get treated equally, down to the smallest details.  I wish so badly that I spoke more Spanish.  I get by and Rena does very well but they talk so fast and probably use slang.  They are learning please and thank you and some other words I can't think of right now.

I am SO proud of Rena.  It is as if she has been a mom forever.  The children adore her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying your day to day experiences with the children. What a learning curve, huh?!?!?! I am suare it will get easier, but life is always a roller coaster" where kids are involved. I am sure you are doing a great job. How adorable they are!!!
Keep up the good works. Dick and Janet Kelly

KS said...

It's obvious adoration is running through the whole family! The kisses pictures are so cute! Oh, what am I saying, all the pictures are too cute! Who is the woman in the books picture? Is she a teacher? Does Alex actually go to a school?
You two look like total pros!

Thanks for reminding me to work harder on my Spanish!
~Kayah

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are all bonding just fine. I look forward to the pictures each day. The ups and downs are hard sometimes---humor always helps.

The Parras and Family said...

The Duewel Family- You guys look so natural with your kids! We can't wait to meet them. They are so beautiful! We miss you and are counting the days till WE get to meet them. We have been checking the blog everyday as well as praying for you all! Love You All-The Parra's,Auntie Debbie and Amy and Marcus

Anonymous said...

Just passing by as I have been all day, waiting for todays news...

very cute pics! I LOVE them!

Just thought I'd stop by and say hello from the Valdez Family, my mom says your kids look honory...lol. My dad is super happy for you guys.

Bueno, mucha, pero MUCHA suerte para toda la familia. Los quiero mucho.

Mando besos para Alex, Sebastián, Erika y Luisa.

Los espero acá.....

Krystal.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Alex is a very smart boy. Of course, I knew that was the case!!! I love all of the kisses. Parker loved giving besos, too!!! Enjoy life!
Steph, Rod and Parker

Dan and Karen said...

They sound so normal! Our 2 and 5 year old are the same way. They each have to have exactly the same thing, the same number of hugs, etc. I think multiplying that times 4 would really drive me crazy! They do look just wonderful and we really enjoy following your story.
Karen
Maicol, Juand & Andres 8/27/07

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Every picture looks like you've been togther a long time and are just enjoying each other tremendously.

I check throughout the day for pictures and I've been sharing them with people at school. The reaction is almost always the same, 'Wow, they are SOOO cute -- FOUR! HOW OLD?! Bless them, I don't think I could do it." I bet you heard that a lot before you left.

Its great reading Nates comments and stories. All that up and down and second guessing and worry and happiness and wonder and exhaustion and laughter is what no one has been able to explain to you. Now, when people tell their kid stories you'll say, 'I know' and have the same smile/nod we all have because there are no words. That's what makes us all so happy for you both. We knew you'd be great and that you'd know how to enjoy it all.

It seems like you've been gone ages already. We're still including you in our prayers and looking forward to you comming home.

GRR